1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Dragon NaturallySpeaking should not be run in the elevated mode." - ha!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by GiftOfGab, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GiftOfGab

GiftOfGab Thread Starter

I got this error message and was confused about it because the account I normally use is an "administrator" and the program has always run before.

It seemed to start after I upgraded to Windows 8.1 but I can't be sure of that.

After trying several things mentioned in other posts I realized I was running Skype. I thought to myself "I'll bet Skype uses the microphone so maybe there's some conflict." So I shut down Skype and NaturallySpeaking came up normally. Note that:

1 - You have to "Quit" Skype to get it to shut down, just "closing" it still leaves it running.

2 - If you don't have Skype it's possible some other program "has" the microphone and/or speakers under its control and NaturallySpeaking may not like that. A reboot might help to get rid of that.

3 - If it starts automatically at startup (they make that the default) then rebooting will appear not to solve the problem because Skype is still running.

4 - It is actually "bad form" to run as Administrator all the time if you are not actually an IT Administrator type person and even then "good ones" won't do so.

I hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!