Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram gets yellow light

970 views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  managed 
#1 ·
hey im trying to put in two 8gb 2666 corshair in my pc but every time i get yellow light from dram gut two hyperx 8gb in it ?

#9 ·
Those memory chips have different voltage and timings. In short, you might get them to work IF you set speed, timings, and voltage manually in the bios. Would I do this, NO. If you want 32gig of ram, get a kit of 2x16 and be done with the problem.

If you elect to manually set speed, timings, etc, I would highly advise you to run memtest for at least 1hr to test the memory.
Most asus boards have a Mem OK button on the board. You can also try using that however what it does is run the memory at slower speeds so that it works.

#10 ·
Those memory chips have different voltage and timings. In short, you might get them to work IF you set speed, timings, and voltage manually in the bios. Would I do this, NO. If you want 32gig of ram, get a kit of 2x16 and be done with the problem.

If you elect to manually set speed, timings, etc, I would highly advise you to run memtest for at least 1hr to test the memory.
Most asus boards have a Mem OK button on the board. You can also try using that however what it does is run the memory at slower speeds so that it works.
tx for the help i think i will buy new ones than

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.