Dram led light lit, blackscreen

Stefan1316

hello

I have recently built my own pc but it only shows a blackscreen. the monitor recognices input but only shows a blackscreen. on the motherboard the dram light is lit up, i have tried multiple things such as: cleaning ram, removing it andputting back in and also checked every powercable. every component is new and everything also works in nthe system. does anyone know what the problem is?

specs:
motherboard: msi tomahawk b450
cpu: amd ryzen 3 2200g
gpu: asus 1050ti
ram: corsair vengeance pro rgb
ssd: crucial p1 m.2 500gb
psu: corsair cx50f rgb

What are the model numbers on the RAM? Maybe post a clear pic of each (unless they are all the same).

crjdriver

Usually corsair vengeance ram works fine on amd builds [however I never use msi boards so it might be different]
Some common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 The 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector is not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 The monitor is plugged into the onboard port when a real video card is being used
4 Something is not fully seated ie ram, atx and/or aux pw connectors, video card, etc
5 Parts not compatible [does not seem to be an issue here]

There is a guide at the top of the forum for problem builds. Read the guide. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your problem.

Stefan1316

Usually corsair vengeance ram works fine on amd builds [however I never use msi boards so it might be different]
Some common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 The 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector is not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 The monitor is plugged into the onboard port when a real video card is being used
4 Something is not fully seated ie ram, atx and/or aux pw connectors, video card, etc
5 Parts not compatible [does not seem to be an issue here]

There is a guide at the top of the forum for problem builds. Read the guide. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your problem.
1. i checked all the connecter when i found the problem
2. i checked twice with my friend if everything is in the right place
3. i have it plugged in into my graphics card
4. maybe my cpu is not sitting correctly

Stefan1316

1. i checked all the connecter when i found the problem
2. i checked twice with my friend if everything is in the right place
3. i have it plugged in into my graphics card
4. maybe my cpu is not sitting correctly
i cant really explain but my cpu is sitting a bit diagonal like this:
|----___|

crjdriver

Post a pic of your cpu so we can see what you are talking about. Note you will need to pull the cooler OFF. Be sure you have more thermal compound since you will have to clean all parts and apply new thermal compound.

Stefan1316

Post a pic of your cpu so we can see what you are talking about. Note you will need to pull the cooler OFF. Be sure you have more thermal compound since you will have to clean all parts and apply new thermal compound.
o i thought the cpu was like the m.2 stick thingy

crjdriver

Well if you read and follow every step of the guide, you will find the cause of your problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts