Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dram led light lit, blackscreen

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
hello

I have recently built my own pc but it only shows a blackscreen. the monitor recognices input but only shows a blackscreen. on the motherboard the dram light is lit up, i have tried multiple things such as: cleaning ram, removing it andputting back in and also checked every powercable. every component is new and everything also works in nthe system. does anyone know what the problem is?

specs:
motherboard: msi tomahawk b450
cpu: amd ryzen 3 2200g
gpu: asus 1050ti
ram: corsair vengeance pro rgb
ssd: crucial p1 m.2 500gb
psu: corsair cx50f rgb

#4 ·
That's showing the model numbers for the Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Light Enhancement Kit. Really need to see the model numbers for the RAM itself.

Or, you can check and see if the RAM you are attempting to use is on MSI's QVL (Qualified Vendor List) here: https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#support-cpu

#6 ·
Usually corsair vengeance ram works fine on amd builds [however I never use msi boards so it might be different]
Some common errors for inexperienced builders;
1 The 8/12pin aux/cpu pw connector is not plugged in
2 Motherboard shorting to case due to incorrect placement of standoffs
3 The monitor is plugged into the onboard port when a real video card is being used
4 Something is not fully seated ie ram, atx and/or aux pw connectors, video card, etc
5 Parts not compatible [does not seem to be an issue here]

There is a guide at the top of the forum for problem builds. Read the guide. If you follow ALL of the steps, you will find the cause of your problem.

#9 ·
Post a pic of your cpu so we can see what you are talking about. Note you will need to pull the cooler OFF. Be sure you have more thermal compound since you will have to clean all parts and apply new thermal compound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.