Solved DRAM problem

Maniekkk

Hi, so i’ve built my first PC and i have one problem. When i start it everything works, leds, fans but there’s a light on my motherboard near DRAM and as i said leds on my ram work.
Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS WIFI
RAM: CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3600MHZ

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
When you say
When i start it everything works,
EVERYTHING WORKS, I presume it is not really everything, as the DRAM led lit usually stops the board proceeding to post and loading windows
A very basic cause would be the ram sticks not fully inserted in the DIMM slots - clipsd at each end in place
OR as mentioned below the ram in the wrong slots if you have two sticks
What we need please is confirmation of the exact state of the system - as regards posting etc.
and the excact details of the
RAM: CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3600MHZ
eg - 8GB sticks or what
how many
If you have two sticks they must be in slots B2 A2 that is second and fourth from processor
and a link to the actual ram
you may wish to check on the memeory QVL list
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)|Motherboards|Motherboards / Components |ASUS Global
MEMORY / DEVICE SUPPORT

Also which CPU please

Last edited:

Maniekkk

When you say

EVERYTHING WORKS, I presume it is not really everything, as the DRAM led lit usually stops the board proceeding to post and loading windows

What we need please is confirmation of the exact state of the system - as regards posting etc.
and the excact details of the

eg - 8GB sticks or what
how many
and a link to the actual ram
you may wish to check on the memeory QVL list
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)|Motherboards|Motherboards / Components |ASUS Global
MEMORY / DEVICE SUPPORT

Also which CPU please
MB: ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS WIFI
CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 5800X
RAM: Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) 3600MHz CL16 Ballistix Black RGB
GPU: msi geforce gtx 1060(just for test waiting for New gpu)

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Please take time to read my suggestions
RAM in correct slots
RAM not properley inserted
[Motherboard] ASUS motherboard troubleshooting via Q-LED indicators | Official Support | ASUS USA

Am I correct please in saying that it will not post.

Then check the ram on the list I sent please.
If the problem is not solved with my suggestions up to now
I need the exact 3600 Ballistic as there are some 3600 at SPD and some 3600 at tested speed.

When you reply and I am signing off now I am in the UK, please type in the box that appears AFTER my post, not by clicking reply on my post, as that, as you can see quotes back all I type.

Thanks, please do make the checks I suggested and as on the link on this post

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
According to Crucial the report on your chosen ram is
Sorry, this part will not work with your
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)

Check another computer or motherboard
Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Desktop Gaming Memory (Black) | BL2K8G36C16U4BL | Crucial UK
I suggest you go Crucial and check
Will it work with my computer or motherboard?
and then enter your board details - that is what I did
However it appears you have the wrong ram
Those boards are very choosy regarding ram - not the Asus especially but the chipset generation 570 and the processors
QVL list selection as I said is the better bet

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Goodnight I have gone offline.
Do not feel bad about it many people have made the same mistake.

crjdriver

Did you update the bios prior to installing a 5800X? If not, it will never work with whatever ram you install. You need bios 2607 or later to run that processor and since that bios was released only about two months ago, there is no way the board shipped with a bios that supports that processor.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Maniekkk
You having seen the replies including mine regarding the ram, your response when you get chance would be greatly appreciated

Maniekkk

I updated bios to version 2812 and it worked but i have another problem - so I’ve just updated my bios to the newest version for amd 5000x and everything went well until it finished and restarted. After restart my bios logo loads i can go info bios settings but after that there’s black screen. I’ve tried to remove CMOS battery cause i’ve read that someone fixed that this way. After removing and placing it back there was a Window which said „When RAID configuration was built, ensure to set SATA Configuration to RAID mode.” and „Please Enter setup to recover BIOS setting”

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
GPU: MSI GTX GEFORCE 1060(for tests im waiting for my New GPU)
MB: ASUS TUF GAMING X570 PLUS WIFI
RAM: CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 3600MHZ 16CL RGB

crjdriver

When you update a bios, on restart defaults are loaded. IF you tried to connect a raid array that had the operating system, your sata controller is in ahci not raid mode. This will not work.
In any case, you cannot take an existing windows install and install a new motherboard [and expect it to work] There is a procedure to follow IF you want to do this task however it starts with the old motherboard still installed.

crjdriver

If I understand your post, the system is now working after the bios update. You connected a drive or drives with an existing windows install to the new motherboard. Is that correct?

Maniekkk

After update I can only go to my BIOS, which means after PC start i get TUF GAMING logo and after that black screen, but i can go to my bios settings and everything seems ok in there

Attachments

crjdriver

Then make a bootable usb using the microsoft media creation tool. Clean install windows, deleting ALL partitions on the drive; done.
I notice something on your screenshot; cpu opt fan. Why do you have something connected to the cpu opt fan header? That header is there for use with a high performance air cooler that uses two fans. If you were using something like this, the RPM of each fan should be very close; they are not.

crjdriver

If you are going to use a drive that was part of a raid array, it would be a very good idea to secure erase the drive prior to attempting a windows install.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts