DRAM problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Maniekkk

So guys, i think everything works! I changed ram speed in bios to 3600 mhz and i think it worked, in cpu-z DRAM Frequency is 1801.5 MHz and in task manager ram speed is 3600MHz. So that means that it works on my motherboard?

Attachments

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
So
1. Do you mean you now have Windows 10 installed as per the guide on my last post

So that means that it works on my motherboard?
Apparently so, but only time will tell, whether it is compatible or NOT compatible as the ram site said it was not.
As I said earlier

The fact it is running at SPD 2666 MHz does NOT mean that when you attempt to run it to gain its tested speed of 3600 - it will do so.
However clearly it is now apparently running OK, but that does not mean that ALL will be OK when the ram is used in real terms

Generally speaking you take the advice from the ram manufacturer - seller and if they say it is not compatible - if you have a choice - you do NOT use it.

Maniekkk

So
1. Do you mean you now have Windows 10 installed as per the guide on my last post

Apparently so, but only time will tell, whether it is compatible or NOT compatible as the ram site said it was not.
As I said earlier
1. Yes thank you so much!!!
2. When i checked on their site it said that it is compatible

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers
Pleased to have helped a little

As I said on post 5
According to Crucial the report on your chosen ram is
Sorry, this part will not work with your
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)

Check another computer or motherboard
Crucial Ballistix RGB 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Desktop Gaming Memory (Black) | BL2K8G36C16U4BL | Crucial UK
I suggest you go Crucial and check
I did not know EXACTLY which ram you had and until just your last post I do not remember you saying you had checked on Crucial
When i checked on their site it said that it is compatible
I found the best match I could with the details you provided and as I said you needed to check your exact ram
using the part number
You should always order ram for dual channel in a perfectly matched pair - that is why it says on the link (16GB kit - 2 x 8GB)

However the main thing is you have it working and good luck with it.

Last edited:

Maniekkk

Again thank you boys for help, i definetly wouldn’t be able to set all that without you. I wish yall the best

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Cheers
Mark it solved please if you are now satisfied all is OK
Click mark solved on your opening post

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online