Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrayTek Router Blocking Outbound Samba Connections

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  doctorzeus 
#1 ·
Hello,

We recently fitted one of our gateway servers with a DrayTek NIC132 which so far has been fantastic.

We have for the last few weeks however been having issues connection to one of our Microsoft Azure backup samba shares and are highly suspicious it is the router doing this. We have tried mounting the share on both the linux gateway server and one of the internal client PCs (with no success on the NIC132) and we get error 0x80004005 (Unspecified Error) on the windows PC and an "NT_STATUS_IO_TIMEOUT" using smbclient on the linux gateway. Attempting to mount the share on the gateway gives us a "mount error(115): Operation now in progress" error.

We have a secondary backup adsl2 line which we can switch to in case of emergencies on a seperate router. We switched to this line from the gateway server and we were able to successfully connect to the share. We have another site with the NIC132 and tried it there as well with the same result. We are on BT Buisness fibre on both sites however we don't think it's the ISP blocking samba ports (I know specifically port 445 can be an issue) as we got someone with the same fibre package to try it out who also managed to connect.

We contacted DrayTek support who were very unhelpful and kept insisting that it was the ISP and couldn't possibly be the product and then proceeded to deny us support as we bought the product from a non-official DrayTek supplier.. :mad:

We have tried disabling the firewall on it as well as ddos proection with no success but we are now quite frankly stumped and out of ideas and really need some suggestions so any ideas?

Many Thanks in advance.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes. I read the specs on the card. What I'm saying is take a PC and plug it into the 1 GigE port on the NIC132 and see if you are still having SAMBA connection issues. Just assign an arbitrary subnet for both the WAN port of the NIC132 and the PC to operate on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.