dreamweaver fonts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gamer6336

for those people that have had problems with adding new fonts to dreamweaver, here's a step-by-step guide.

1. download font
2. copy font (not the whole folder, only the actual font. it should say TrueType, OpenType or all-res in brackets underneath)
3.go to C:/WINDOWS
4.There should be a folder named "Fonts"
5. paste font you copied earlier
6. restart dreamweaver and fonts should be available for putting on list :D

this works but I dont know if people without font can see it in browser. mebbe you guys can help with that ;)

DrP

No, they won't be able to see it in the browser. I'm assuming you're building the site using Design view. If you change it to Code view, it should so some backup fonts in the CSS for people without the font.

You're better off sticking with web-safe fonts in general, but services like FontDeck are growing in popularity: they allow you to use other fonts on your site, loading the fonts in the background from their own servers.

As DrP said other people can't see the fonts if they are not available in their local machine. That is why there is a concept called "Web Safe Fonts". Either you have to follow the solution given by DrP, or you have to let your visitors to download and install the font..Anyway that is really annoying. Best thing is use Web Safe Fonts and use CSS to look them good.

gamer6336

ok thxs dr.P i will probably let them download the font with a normal one as backup so they can actually see it.:p

DrP

Forget the downloading a font idea - it's a waste of time. Why would anyone want to install something on your computer just for your website when it'll show the backup fonts without a problem? What have they got to gain?

Instead, think about your usability. If the design falls apart without that font, that's a design issue, not the fault of your visitors. But, if you must use a different font, try FontFace or FontDeck as the method they use is the only reliable one for text. And if it's headings you're concerned with, how about just using images?

Forget the downloading a font idea - it's a waste of time. Why would anyone want to install something on your computer just for your website when it'll show the backup fonts without a problem? What have they got to gain?
Of course, that is really annoying as I mentioned before. Most people won't download fonts and install them just to view a site. Trust me, even some people may think it as a security risk!! If it is, that is the worst thing!!

And if it's headings you're concerned with, how about just using images?
Very good idea. I also use the same method or I use Flash text. You also can try flash text if you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online