Dreamweaver FTP/Firewall Issues - Worked Before!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gryffyn

I am using Dreamweaver CS3

I have several sites set up and have been using the settings for years without issue.

Recently I ran MS Security Essentials, Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D, Scans clear; Spybot found some adware that was removed, and then I updated the Immunization files.

Now when I try to upload files via FTP, I am getting "Operation Timed Out...cancelling..." messages. When I try to edit the FTP settings, sometimes selecting "Passive FTP" works. Sometimes not. Now I have a site where nothing is working - not passive ftp, not secure ftp, not "use firewall" - nothing.

DW CS3 is listed as an allowed program in the firewall.

In desperate need of help so I can take care of some client's sites!!

JiminSA

Jim
Hi and welcome to TSG gryffyn! Maybe try using Filezilla to upload and see if you have the same issues?:) What part of Wales do you come from?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online