1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dreamweaver FTP/Firewall Issues - Worked Before!

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by gryffyn, Jan 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gryffyn

gryffyn Thread Starter

I am using Dreamweaver CS3

I have several sites set up and have been using the settings for years without issue.

Recently I ran MS Security Essentials, Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D, Scans clear; Spybot found some adware that was removed, and then I updated the Immunization files.

Now when I try to upload files via FTP, I am getting "Operation Timed Out...cancelling..." messages. When I try to edit the FTP settings, sometimes selecting "Passive FTP" works. Sometimes not. Now I have a site where nothing is working - not passive ftp, not secure ftp, not "use firewall" - nothing.

DW CS3 is listed as an allowed program in the firewall.

In desperate need of help so I can take care of some client's sites!!

2. JiminSA

JiminSA

First Name:
    Jim
    Hi and welcome to TSG gryffyn! Maybe try using Filezilla to upload and see if you have the same issues?:) What part of Wales do you come from?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!