Dreamweaver MX Web Design

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

socrates2k1

Hi, I'm new to this forum and thought I would give it a try.

I'm part of the Tech Committee at my local church and Im trying to help put together the church website. My previous experience has been using primarily HTML on Geocities projects. Now Im going to be using Macromedia Dreamweaver MX to build and upkeep our website. I have Dreamweaver MX but have not learned how to use it. I know the design or layout Im looking for but I cannot seem to get it set up in Dreamweaver MX. My PC uses Windows XP Home Edition. Any suggestions on where to go for a step by step walk through on setting it up. I have been trying for the past two weeks to teach myself but to no avail. I have tried looking up tutorials on the Internet and I have even tried using the Help that comes with Dreamweaver MX but I just cannot seem to grasp it. I know Dreamweaver MX comes with Fireworks MX and Flash as support programs. It is very frustrating when you have a design on paper but cannot get is setup on the program. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The book stores will have many good books regarding Dreamweaver, from basic to expert. Maybe you could describe what you want to accomplish and we can guide you through the initial layout.

socrates2k1

I know what my template needs to look like.
Basically, I will have a lighhouse that will take up the left side panel and on it will be the Hyperlinks to other pages.
The top of that lighthouse will be on the top panel. Across the top will be a beam of light coming from the lighthouse with the name of the church in the beam of light.
So, basically the lighthouse and the beam of light are my template ie they will be a constant on every page.
I will use the middle or main part of the page to change the aspects of each page, using the right side panel without borders.
The bottom panel will have hyperlinks, the same as the ones on the lighthouse tower, for quick reference.
Once I have this template the rest should be alot easier.
So, I know what I want, I just cannot seem to put the pieces together. It has been difficult just trying to match up the lightbeam with the top of the lighthouse. I know this may be childsplay to most or all of you, but I need to learn and learn quick. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I got a book from my local library, Learn Dreamweaver MX in 24 hours, and it didnt even teach me how to do this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online