1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Dreamweaver Template Problem

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Andrea Andreou, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Andrea Andreou

Andrea Andreou Thread Starter

Hi,

I am currently working on the contents of a website created in Dreamweaver MX. I am trying to apply the template to my html pages by selecting: modify>templates>apply template to page. When I do this there is no template listed to apply, under the site name.

There definately has been a template file created.

Can anyone offer some assistance??

Many thanks.

Regards
    Andrea

2. Rockn

Rockn

You don't apply templates to already existing pages you use templates to create a standardized look and feel for all new pages you create. You open the template, make changes and go to File> Save As ....templates are just patterns for new pages

3. Andrea Andreou

I am trying to modify the side bar (navigation bar) on the website. I assumed that if I made changes to the original template that It would update all HTML files when the template was modified or changed.

4. suzi

suzi

5. Rockn

Rockn

I think I know what you are talking about Andrea, but I would have to look in my book. There is a way to make changes made to the template cascade to the pages created with the template. I will look it up for ya on Monday.

6. Andrea Andreou

Much appreciated. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.

Andrea

7. Rockn

Rockn

OK Andrea, I figured it out. First off, all of the pages need to have been created with the template in question and it ends with a .dwt file extension otherwise it doesn't work. Secondly you need to define the regions of the page that are editable and then any changes made to the template will cascade throughout the entire site.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice