Dreamweaver won't edit large html files?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

overdrawnprocess

I'm editing this 100KB page (that has quite a bit of images) and Dreamweaver just won't preview is properly for me. It will just say 'Found No Errors'

I can edit the html but can't preview anything.

And on top of that, sometimes it won't save, citing some line 75 javascript run error.

Anyone else encountered this? And is there an alternative to Dreamweaver?

Did you make the file or was it a template?

Are there any javascripts in the page?
Can you post the page content here?

There are lots of html editors but few, if any are better than Dreamweaver, on a professional level.

The preview in DW isn't very good and may not be able to handle large files. Have you tried viewing it in a browser? If it's giving you problems you could always use notepad, or notepad++, which supports a wide variety of languages including HTML.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts