Driect cable networking

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fabiogump

in a attempt to transfer files from one computer to another I hooked a serial cable between the two and hoped they would share files with the direct cable connection wizard in win95/98.

They don't seem to want to connect, what do I need to do?

A few particulars.

Machine #1
P100
1.5GB HD
64 MB RAM
Win 95 OS

Machine #2
AMD Athlon 650
20GB HD
256 MB RAM
Win 98se

I'm having the same trouble and I followed the web site listed but still didn't get things going. If you get the direct cable connection going Iwould be interested in knowing what sort of cable you are using. Wether a regular serial to serial or null cable from serial connection to serial connection.

I'm attempting the connection with a parallel cable shown in the attatchment.

Belkin 10 Ft. Pro Series Direct Cable Connection
Model: F3D508-10

DB25 male/male file transfer cable links computers and network for sharing files, folders and peripherals.

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online