1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drive Assignments

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BlueSpam, Feb 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlueSpam

BlueSpam Thread Starter

I recently installed a Zip drive. The problem i am having is that the Zip drive took the E: assignment, whereas all my CD's look for the CD-ROM on the E: . I want to know how to reassign the zip drive to F:

2. IslandDoc

IslandDoc It's My Birthday!

Device Manager, select device, click PROPERTIES, and select SETTINGS. The lower two boxes will show the current drive letter assignment. Make changes and hit APPLY... voila! Not so fast... can't change to another's assignment. Change Zip E: to G: - Change CD-ROM F: to E: - Change Zip G: to F: How's that for confusing?

3. TheGorx

TheGorx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/32465

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice