1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drive error vista home

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by dawn37, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dawn37

dawn37 Thread Starter

when starting up pc i have a black screen with a whole page of writing on it .. ( i can type this all out if you want ) and at the end it says
    Press del to run set up
    press f11 to enter boot menu

A: drive Error
    press f1 to resume

( which i then do ...) it all them seems to start up ok and i can use pc as normal .. but the time is all wrong and obviously when i switch it on every time i get the same message . It started yesterday . I have system restored it but nothing changes .. do you think i need some one to look at it before it does start to go wrong
    with thanks Dawn

2. petan

petan

pres del and enter setup and open std or advanced cmos features (not sure about that) there should be warning on fdd failure check if it is disabled

3. dawn37

dawn37 Thread Starter

went into standard cmos could nt see anything at all with fdd on it and no options to disable /able , but there was a few bits i noticed and that was SATA1 hard disk , SATA 2 not detected SATA 3 not detected , ( i mention that because some where in the writing that comes up at the beginning when i turn on pc , it says auto detecting SATA1 auto detecting SATA 4 ( sorry if i sound silly , i am no expert on computers but i do like to try and sort things out )

Now when i went into Advanced BIOS feature there are options to disable /able but no Fdd failure .. the only one that was disabled was boot sector protection
    i hope this makes sence to you .. i have no idea what it all means lol .... thanks for reply :eek:

4. petan

petan

this depends on the bios I do not know which one you have, versions differs but what if you restore system defaults? the time is wrong you say, if you have troubles with time it may be empty battery

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920735

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice