1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drive Image reports EZ-Drive present, then aborts.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Alex Ethridge, Jan 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

Using Drive Image Pro, versions 4 and 5.

When I boot into Drive Image using either version, I get an error message that "EZ-Drive is present but not running". The error message further reports that I should remove the drive image diskette, reboot and hold down the Ctrl key and when prompted, select to boot from A drive then insert the Drive Image diskette and continue.

EZ-Drive has never been on this hard disk; however, just to be sure, I downloaded and ran a utility that completely erases the drive and returns it to the same condition as it was when it was new. I then re-FDisked the drive, reformatted and then tried again.

The result was the same.

PowerQuest has nothing on their site about this.

Any ideas?

2. brianF

brianF

Just a though, is virus protection enabled on the drive, if so, try disabling it.

3. Alex Ethridge

Except for formatting, the drive is blank.

4. Alex Ethridge

For the benefit of those who might have the same or a similar problem, I found this at PowerQuest. It addresses the problem; but, I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I have already restored the drive by manually reinstalling all the programs one-by-one and then restoring the data from a backup that is brought up to current every two hours.

There is only one critical folder that is left in the Drive Image backup that must be restored; however, Drive Image does not allow the restoration of a single folder, only entire partitions, so I'll have to work out something on that later.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice