1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drive Letter Assignment

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Estebano, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Estebano

Estebano Thread Starter

Troubleshooting a corrupted drive, so installed it on a working PC as a slave. Got it working long enough to pull the data. Drive letter assigned was "M". Shutdown, removed drive, boot. Drive letter was STILL showing up.
    -Tried Disk Management in WXP, no luck.
    -Tried command line removal, no luck.
    -Used TweakUI to remove the drive from the list, which is great, but I still cannot assign "M" to any other device. I can live with it, but I'm curious if anyone has a solution.

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Hi There!

The only guarentee of resolving you delemma would be to format and Reinstall Windows. That can be alot of work, but if you're having system issues and such, wiping the drive and reinstalling windows should resolve most id not all of the problems.

Good Luck!

ST

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/140956