1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drive Letter change?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mdgaidheal, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdgaidheal

mdgaidheal Thread Starter

Another fine mess Ollie!
    Had some recent print problem (wouldn't) and decided to reinstall the printer software driver etc- Have a Lexmark X3350 (Fine machine). However since the first printer install my C drive has gotten fatter and the software says there is not enough space for it to install on "C"(-which it insists is where it has to go?) Even after I uninstalled the printer? No apparent option available to change the "target" drive!
    My now designated "E" drive has gigabytes of space but no way,it seems, to install the printer to this drive? I thought of removing the "C" Hdrive (My system OS stuff Win 2K is all on the "E" Hdrive-- but not sure if this drive will become my "C" Hdrive if I remove the wimpy (Original) 196 MB!! and go to the "E" Hdrive (184 GB). Is this feasable or is there a more elegant solution to get the printer installed onto the "E" Hdrive without dicking around with the software (I'm not qualified for that approach, Ollie?) What say? Thank you
    Mike

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

move my documents to E right click on icon on desktop/properties/move/ in target type the path to E: make a folder on E:\ documents and move all the files to that folder. clean out temp files get utility here...
    http://www.danish-shareware.dk/soft/emptemp/

defrag C you need at least 30%of C free for xp to operate properly..
    install your printer to the default setting..

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Why go through all these manipulations, you will have to do all over again tomorrow for the next problem. Big hard drives are plentiful and cheap, time to upgrade.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/737981

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice