1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drive letter keep changing back

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Alex Ethridge, Feb 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I have changed the drive letters on my two DVD burners and they keep changing back.

I have two SATA DVD burners lettered K and L. I have reversed the drive letters several times in Disk Management and they hold for a while; but, when I attempt to use them again a few days later, I notice the letters are swapped back.

Anyone have suggestions on how to get this problem solved?

2. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

What steps do you go thru to set them in Disk Manager?
    No crashes? No system state restores?

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

Using the standard method--right-click the drive letter, edit, change the letter, etc., etc. I've done it for years so I know it's right.

No crashes, no freezes, no running problems, no program crashes or hangs, no restores, using Windows 2000. It never changes while the system is running; but, I notice it after a restart. I can run for a week or ten days without a restart and it doesn't change. Then I'll do a restart and it'll change.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/682013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice