1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Drive not accessible, HELP!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Viviana, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viviana

Viviana Thread Starter

1st of all thx to any1 who will be kind enough to look through this and try to give me a hand if possible,
    anyways, woke up this morning trying to open my drive and it said " Z:\ is not accessible, the file or directory is corrupted or unreadable" yea i named the drive Z but thats not the problem, my problem is that this hard has everything on it, 1st of all its a Samsung SP1644N, its a 160gb hard drive, and frankly when partitioning the hard i had it all paritioned to only 1 partition since its not my main HDD, so the drive Z:\ is a 149.05 NTFS drive, that is almost full, the windows wont allow me to use Check Disk on this drive and i dont know why, but the instance i press check the box closes, also i downloaded a program called DiskInternals, it happened to be handy in one thing, it showed me that almost everything inside the drive is there and its not yet lost, but i couldnt recover it since its a trial, also it will be practically impossible coz my main HDD is an 80gb WD and its almost full so theres no way i can find a way to copy 150gbs into it, so my question is, would there be a way to recover the drive back with minimal loss?
    i know i havent been clear enough giving the information that any1 would need, but thats only because im no expert in these matters, so if any1 shall need anything like a log or a test that i would run i will try and get it ASAP, other thing is that i dont know why the hard is no more accessible, but i woke up in the morning and found out that the hard is not read at all when it had the jumper in CS slots, and its wierd coz i always plug it in there, so i removed the jumper and the hard was read on the bios screen, and the drive was also there in the windows but with that annoying message..
    so thx for any1 caring enough to come in here, and sry about the headache, but its really an emergency this drive has almost everything i use on my PC

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice