Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drive not detected in bios

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dmccoy 
#1 ·
I have a customer built computer. Using mobo asrock z370 pro4. I just had a replacement come in thinking it was hardware. 1 ssd that I boot up from it boots up just fine and all is well. When ever i try any other ssd or hdd, bios does not see it. But it would see the optical drive until I used both the optical drive and ssd. I updated firmware all that I could find. I used known good ssd and hdd when I was at local tech shop and it would not recognize it expect for my one ssd. Please help. I am at my wits end

#3 ·
Use your own power supply assuming the customer's power supply is the problem. Make sure all SATA ports are enabled in the BIOS/UEFI. Use a hard drive that you know it works on another computer and tests each SATA port. Of course, you will need to power down the computer each time you move to other SATA port. Keep in mind that M.2 may/will use SATA ports, so anything connected to those ports while M.2 are used will be disabled. Use any drive that works and try to boot into an operating system. If it boots into an OS, test if the Intel NIC or Realtek sound card works. If they don't work the chipset could be defective.

I updated firmware all that I could find.
I'm worried about this because ASRock has it listed on their website.
https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z370 Pro4/index.asp#BIOS

#4 ·
Have you tested the drives with a known working computer? Are you connected the new drives to the same SATA port as the working drive to test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.