1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

driver compatibility

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by siefer0001, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. siefer0001

siefer0001 Thread Starter

:mad: Riecently i built a computer with an AMDxp200+ processor, 256m ddr ram and a asus v9180 magic 64mg gf4 video card and for some reason it cant generate sprites properly and it results in massive glitches.i have even experianced rainbow coloured pixles covering the wholte screen with the game bearly visible from behind them.my problem was not fixed when i found that the manifacturer's cd had the latest driver availablei have also tried the default windows driver with no better result. after upgrading to xp pro from win2000. Is there a patch or diffrent driver or anything i can do to get it to work??

2. Sponsor

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. I've split you into your own thread and am moving you to hardware where you may receive quicker responses.

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

the game, is this just in one game, or have you tried others. Not every game is going to work with any video card.

5. AtreideS

AtreideS

You could always try downloading the latest detenator drivers from http://www.nvidia.com chances are they are newer than the ones you have on the CD that came with your video card. You could also look at all the settings for the card and make sure its all set up correctly.
    You can use the guide at visit http://www.techspot.com/guides-hardware.shtml to check all the video card settings. You might also want to use a program such as NVMax to setup your video cards setting properly. Its a simple little program that allows you to change many settings easily.
    Hope this helps. But if like gotrootdude said its just occuring in one game, then its most likely not to be a driver problem. You could also look at that games settings as well. Posting the name here of the game could prove useful. Good luck.:)

6. zeddy

zeddy

Need more details on your system and as the recent posts ask is it related just to one game or several.

In building a PC you must make sure that the relevant motherboard drivers are installed from the maunfacturers disk. For example tho' if it has a VIA chipset then you should install the latest hyperion drivers from www.viaarena.com, which include the necessary chipset VGA driver

If it is several games then you need to ensure that you are properly uninstalling the existing video driver, then install a standard VGA one before installing the nVidia driver. Ensure that you Direct X is installed correctly.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

update video, sound, chipset drivers and directx (latest is 9)

have you tried reinstalling the game and downloading the latest patches for the game.

There may also be a Bios update that resolves this problem.

Did you do a clean install of windows when you installed the new hardware or was it an old O/S?

8. zeddy

zeddy

As the last post states updating drivers is indicated, but you must make sure that you properly uninstall the old drivers before installing the new ones. The manufacturers website (or Nvidia in this case) will explain the procedure for doing this.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/130976