1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver component mismatch?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wguido, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wguido

wguido Thread Starter

When I try to watch a movie/animation on a webpage, or try to play games, I get an error saying something about Drive Component mismatch. Exit is the only option. :confused:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

In order to provide meaningful help, it would require that you advise the Operating System and version, and what software applications you are running, including the browser and version.

The exact error message would be essential.
    Its very hard to search in databases for "an error saying something about Drive Component mismatch"

3. wguido

wguido Thread Starter

Windows Xp, Internet explorer...here is a pic...Error msg reads Driver components mismatch. Exit is the only option, and the error box in the left upper corner says nVidia OpenGL Driver...see pic, never mind, it wont let me upload the pic, but that is what it says...

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Have you downloaded the latest Video Card driver for your system, uninstalled the old Video Card driver, and installed the new one?

It sounds like the NVidia drivers may be in need of attention, or at least thats exactly what its telling you.

5. wguido

wguido Thread Starter

how do I go about doing that?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice