1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

driver corrupt mmpool bsod

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by 03ladyb05, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 03ladyb05

03ladyb05 Thread Starter

I've had the BSoD a couple of time saying the same thing each time "driver corrupt mmpool". Other problems though I don't know if they are related but are obviously major issues are Windows Updater won't update at all (when I click to manually update the thing just hangs and doesn't open anything and I have to use the task manager to shut it down which restarts windows explorer completely) and Windows Defender is reported as turned on but out of date in the security centre and won't update to the new definitions (when I click to manually update the Windows Security centre box pops up with "Security Centre is updating definitions for Windows Defender" "Searching for definitions...." but nothing happens at all. I've left both Updater and Defender running overnight with no results.
    I have not as yet written down any error messages from the BSoD but will next time it happens and I will edit them into this post.
    Ive got an Advent 9415 laptop, w/ Intel Dual Core T2330 (1.60 + 1.60 GHz) 2Mb RAM and Windows Vista Home Premium w/ SP1.
    I have checked the device manager to see if there are any hardware problems but all seems fine. I have ran my own virus/spyware (AVG Free) scans as well as Windows Defender (with out of date definitions) with no problems found. I have searched this forum and googled the problem for a solution but the results I find are either slightly different to mine (in which case I can't be sure if I should follow the solution) or have very complicated solutions such as editing registry entries which I do not want to do without professional guidance. There was also the solution suggested of completely restoring the laptop to factory settings but I wouldn't be posting here if I wanted to do that but if, that turns out to be the only option I have no choice.
    <rant>Why cant Windows just tell you what is wrong when it has a problem rather than giving ambigious mesages in code</rant>.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.

2. 03ladyb05

03ladyb05 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice