driver disc has no setup file...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
Before you do anything, take a gander at the readme file on the cd. It will have specific instructions on how to update your drivers.

There are probably no setup files, you will more than likely have to manually install the drivers. The driver files should be .inf file extensions on the cd.

Depends somewhat on your OS

Normally what you do is go to the new device that is detected and put in the location of the driver on the driver disk, for example I'm running windows 98 when I installed my modem the PNP box popped up, I said I had a disk
the directory in my case was
d:\modems\v92\connexant\win98
and you can install the driver manually, XP and 2k can occasionally be more complex but same idea.

Cheers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online