1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver error code 39, for mouse. (Windows 10)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Kimgroger, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimgroger

Kimgroger Thread Starter

Hi everybody, I have a good head scratcher for you all!

Have a desktop acer with touchscreen with Windows 10, V. 1803

My mouse stoped working, and the mouse pointer is gone! Got me a driver error code 39, "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware, The driver may be corrupted or be missing (code39)

I done all the basic fixers, download new driver, delete the old, reset, restart. I even got so tired of it all and did a factory reset, and re installed wimdows in the end hopping it would delete everything and install fresh Microsoft drivers, but I still get the same problem!!
    I even bought two new mouse one was wired, one was a Microsoft wireless. Both gets drive issue as soon as they are installed. I have no idea what to do anymore, it will take my wireless keyboard with no problem..

Hopefully someone has some input before the computer goes out the window!!

Attached Files:

2. jenae

jenae

Hi, looks like you have done quite a bit to resolve this, a windows reset install carries over all the crap from the previous install so if you had a registry issue it would be most likely continued and also a corrupt account would also carry over. Either a corrupt registry , or a corrupt user account are most likely your problem.

A fresh install will fix it, (no need to chuck your computer) however we can try some other avenues first.

Cmd prompt as admin (if you can maneuver just using the keyboard).

Copy this cmd:- (ctrl +c) and ctrl +v)

reg query "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96f-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}" /s > 0 & notepad 0

Notepad will open please post output here.
    OR at the cmd type:- (to see if your account is the problem)

net user administrator /active:yes (press enter).

Restart, use switch users to log into the new hidden admin account test your mouse here , let us know the outcome. To disable this account (don't worry about giving it a password at this stage) type:-

net user administrator /active:no (press enter)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214005

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice