1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

driver fault on xp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tiffo3, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tiffo3

tiffo3 Thread Starter

hi there any 1 help please please
    i have just down graded my farthers computer from vista to xp every thing fine on install but! checked system manger and it shows a fault
    (INTEL R G33/G31 EXPRESS FAMILY DRIVER) GRAPHIC DRIVER it seems to have found the device but no drivers loaded for it. looked on the net at loads of drivers none seem to work is it possible no driver exsits for xp and only vista i cant find it can u help.
    ps its a bult in graphics card his machine is a compaq presario sr55501 uk 2 gig ram :(

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Vista machines should remain Vista machines. Other than that, you risk drivers not working, as you've found out. I'd suggest you tell your father to get used to Vista.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!