driver for cdrw

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jssch

I need to find a driver for an
ACER 6x4x32 CDRW drive (internal)

anyone help me find it?

Is firmware another way of saying "Driver"?

Windows should be able to use the regular cdrom features with its default driver, your cd burning program does the rest, so there should not be a specific driver that you have to load. Firmware is not a driver, it is a bit of static memory included in the drive's circuitry that communicates with the computer and tells the computer the capabilities of the drive. Firmware is to the drive like a bios chip is to the computer

jssch

So I need the firmware right?

I reformatted my hard drive and did a clean install of windows 98.

I installed cd - burner program but it is not recognizing that I have a burner.

Will the firmware fix this?

Ok I just downloaded the firmware. It ran a little check and said the following:

Detecting CDRW drives (Check 2 IDE cables, 4 ports)

Check IDE #1 ok
Check IDE #2 ok

No CDRW drive are detected.

Im lost on what to do now.

can you access the cdrw when you put a disc in it, can you see the files on the disk?????

Sounds like you have to update your software. What burner software and what version are you using?

jssch

It is the same software I was using prior to the reformat.

Easy CD Creator 4.0

and yes I see drive e: under my computer and can see files.

Sounds like the software then. First try updating it to 4.05: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/ecdcupdates.jhtml Then update DirectCD to 3.05: http://www.roxio.com/en/support/dcdwin/dcdwinupdates.jhtml

The burner is working normally and Windows has installed the drivers that are necessary. It is up to the software to recognize and run the burner.

You might have installed the software before the burner was installed. That sometimes causes problems. If that was the case you have to completely uninstall both EZCD and DirectCD and reinstall them. http://ask.roxio.com/cgi-bin/roxio_...x2bDE9fmFueX4mcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=

jssch

Thanks Slipe,

updated software and it worked like a charm.:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online