Driver for Harddrive needed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xryanx

Just finished formatting my computer, and now my maxtor 6y080lo wont work. It doesnt show up in my computer, and it is 'working properly' according to device manager, can anyone help? ive tried google and maxtors website, but to no avail. Thanks.

dustyjay

Jay
There is no specific driver for Hard Drives. Only for the controllers. Since you obviously have windows installed (else you wouldnt have My Computer) if you are using WinXp go into administrative tools - disk management see if it is listed there. It maybe that the partition was deleted and needs to be partitioned and formatted.

xryanx

Yeah it says i can partition it but i would lose what is on it, and i have a lot of files on the drive i need. Is there any way to save whats on it? Thanks.

dustyjay

Jay
If it says that there is no active partition, then you may have already lost all the information on it. I take it that the drive does not show up under Windows Explorer or My computer. This usually means that the drive is not formatted or partitioned. I would see if I could install the drive on a different computer and see what it is saying about it. If the partition has been deleted then everything on it is effectively gone. Unless someone has some secrets to recovering a deleted partition.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online