Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

driver for my laptop

906 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  arknorth 
#1 ·
i have an Asus X55SV laptop and i accidently uninstalled the driver for the built in microphone so it now doesnt work, i couldnt find the driver online so i was wondering if, given that information above, anybody count show me where to get it again? thanks..

#3 ·
I will assume that you tried the Asus web site? They seem to have quite a full driver base already - also, most Mic drivers are part of the audio card drivers.

How long ago did you 'loose' the Mic? And have you tried a system restore to prior to that date (even if you deleted it)? Deleted drivers will be restored (unless you physically removed it permanently) with a system restore.

Also, have you checked that the Mic you are using is actually working? And have you made sure that the Mic has not been muted on the sound controller?

A-N

#5 ·
Ummm... not so fast - not having this beastie before me, the question arises - is this a built-in mic or just a jack?

As for an answer, it depends. If its a built-in, then it should show up in the device manager, and you could ask for a new driver there (via 'search the web'). If it's only a jack, then it's probably part of the sound card drivers. If your audio is working, again I would check the volume control and make sure it is not muted.

If is is a plug-in type mic, what type of jack is it using?

A-N

#7 ·
If it's built in, that's the best thing to do.

Also, you might want to check the Sounds and Audio Devices link in your Control Panel to see if the mic is showing up there. This also where you can check on all your drivers and codecs needed for audio work.

A-N

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.