1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver for network adapter crashes Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ncalkins, Feb 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ncalkins

ncalkins Thread Starter

When I try to install the driver for my network adapter, Vista crashes and I get the blue screen of death. Then if I boot in safe mode, it looks like the wireless card is installed and should work, but it doesn't. I have to uninstall the driver in safe mode in order to get it to boot up normally again. My wireless card is an Airlink 101 AWLH3026.

It says on the Airlink website that there isn't a driver for this model of adapter for Vista, but that the XP driver works on Vista. I thought this might be part of the problem?

2. peterh40

peterh40

3. ncalkins

ncalkins Thread Starter

What features in Vista? How do I install just the driver? The link you posted was to a different model, too.

4. sjupr

sjupr Banned

If you go here this is the English transition of the Airlink site for your hardware http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translat...wannouncement&id=33&lp=es_en&.intl=us&fr=moz2 If you go here http://66.196.80.202/babelfish/tran...link101.com/soporte/index.php?cmd=files&id=65 you can download the driver that will work with Vista Just be sure to download the driver only,not the utility. This must be a Spanish company because the Spanish site is better than the English one:) Luckily I lived in Puerto Rico for many years and habla espanol muy bien. LOL

5. ncalkins

ncalkins Thread Starter

That didn't work, I installed just the driver from the link you posted and I still got the BSOD...

6. sjupr

sjupr Banned

Try uninstalling all the previous drivers, software, etc. FIRST. Boot and then install just the driver.

7. peterh40

peterh40

8. ncalkins

ncalkins Thread Starter

The only way I could get the computer to boot in Vista at all was to uninstall the drivers + software that I had just installed...so essentially I've already tried that.

9. ncalkins

ncalkins Thread Starter

bump...nothing seems to work

10. joeten

joeten

hi did you use the second option on the link sjpur gave you that is just the driver then follow the instructions on installing

11. ncalkins

ncalkins Thread Starter

Yeah, I installed just the driver and still got the blue screen of death

12. joeten

joeten

hi again what type of comp do you have ie desk top laptop what make and model possibly try drivermax and see what it comes up with

13. ncalkins

ncalkins Thread Starter

I have a brand new desktop that I built myself with parts from newegg. I can't use Drivermax because I can't connect to the internet without the network adapter working...I tried plugging my friend's laptop (which was picking up my house's Wifi) into my computer with an Ethernet cable, but my computer instantly shut down when I plugged it in :/

14. joeten

joeten

hi you say this is a new build where did you get the network adapter

15. ncalkins

ncalkins Thread Starter

Oh, the network adapter is from my old computer. I think I bought it at Fry's Electronics

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/804555