Driver for Realtek RTL8187 Wireless Adapter

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wakenaam

Friends: I just upgraded my Gateway MT6705 laptop from Windows Vista to Windows 7 because of no sound. Now I have sound but cannot connect wirelessly to my router. I cannot find the Windows 7 driver for Realtek RTL8187 wireless network adapter. I tried the Vista driver but it will not accept it. Any solution to this? Thank you.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
The Realtek site lists 3 versions of the RTL8187:

RTL8187B

RTL8187L

RTL8187SE

See if you can find your driver here. All 3 models support Windows XP/Vista/7.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Wakenaam

flavallee: Thanks a lot for your response. I downloaded the 8187L version and it worked like a charm. Thanks again. Cheers!

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
flavallee: Thanks a lot for your response. I downloaded the 8187L version and it worked like a charm. Thanks again. Cheers!
Great! :D :) (y)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online