1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver for video card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gilmore03, Jul 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gilmore03

gilmore03 Thread Starter

Hey guys, heres teh deal. I reformatted my HD for teh first time, everything went well. i installed my sound card, ethernet adapter, and now i have to install my sound card. Problem is i dont know my video card make model. i download AIDA32 but where do i go from there? Also im getting alot of "illegal operation" errors, like on internet explorer and AIDA and other programs...what can be causing that? Teh sound card wouldnt have anythign to do with taht would it?

2. gilmore03

gilmore03 Thread Starter

oops also forgot to mention, in teh device manager...where would i direct the driver to?

3. gilmore03

gilmore03 Thread Starter

ahh sry lol last thign promise..In device manager, theres a yellow question mark next to PCI universal serial bus. Problem, i cant find teh driver for that either

4. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Download and install Everest:
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en&pageid=3

Then come back and tell us what motherboard and video card you have.

EDIT: After running AIDA v3.93, I see its pretty much the same.
    Motherboard info is in: Motherboard > motherboard (Need the ID & Name)
    Video info is in: Display > PCI/AGP Video (whatever is listed)

5. gilmore03

gilmore03 Thread Starter

Motherboard Properties
    Motherboard ID 62-1018-001131-00101111-040201-SiS65X$P4S5MGP4S5MG/GL+ Release 10/18/2002
    Motherboard Name ECS P4S5MG/GL+

SiS 315 video

I only have 2 colors and 16 colors under display properties & settings. My colors really suck!! lol

6. gilmore03

gilmore03 Thread Starter

JSanguancheu, i got it working. i went to display properties, settings, advanced, and then adapter and just changed it, i guess i had the driver all along, which really makes no scence to me lol. Anyway, The video card model i gave you was SiS 315, and when i directed it to the driver it says teh video card is a SiS 650_651_m650_740??? lol im really lost

7. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/255666

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice