1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver/hardware problems - Help needed

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rokhyboy, Oct 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rokhyboy

rokhyboy Thread Starter

Hi tech-guys and girls,

Im having some wierd problems with my computers network (lan card) and grapich card.

Network:
    My lan card has problems with downloads/uploads.
    If i download anything over 100 mb, or watching some youtube vids after each other, sharing files between my computers, it suddenly cuts off the internet at says that there is limited or no connection.
    The only way to get this to work again it have to shut my network down (network properties), then open it again.

Graphiccard:
    My onboard Radeon X200 Mobile (x200m) on my laptop is also failing. If i watch videos in full screen (videofiles or youtube etc.), play games, edit videos and more, it suddenly crashes and restart the drivers.

It says something like "The display driver stopped responding and has now been restored".

Info about my chipset:
    Northbridge ATI RS400/RC400/RC410 rev. 01
    Southbridge ATI SB400 rev. 80
    Memory Type DDR2
    Memory Size 2048 MBytes
    Channels Single
    Memory Frequency 266.5 MHz ()
    CAS# 4.0
    RAS# to CAS# 4
    RAS# Precharge 4
    Cycle Time (tRAS) 12

Before you answer:
    - The problem has been there for a while now
    - My computer has latest drivers for these two components
    - The same happens on xp and vista
    - No viruses found (nod32 antivirus-tested)
    - The computer it self has been cleaned for dust and other "dirt"
    - I've googled it, but nothing found

If any have suggestions of how i can fix these two things, it would be very appreciated :)

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    How are you connecting to the internet and with what ISP?

3. rokhyboy

rokhyboy Thread Starter

Broadband connection (online 24/7). Im from Denmark, using a danish ISP called Aarhus Bolignet. I also use the internet on my school - everything is the same there.

4. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

The internet at your school may enforce bandwidth limits over a certain time span.

Streaming videos and some online games can be very bandwidth intensive on the upload/download speeds, so you might ask your provider/school if they have limits.

As for your graphics card, it sounds like more of a software issue than it does a hardware one. Go to the ATI website and download the most recent drivers. Follow the instructions on how to properly uninstall the previous drivers and reinstall the new ones.

5. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

Oh, one last thought.

Go to your network connections folder.
    Right-click on your connection and go to Properties.
    Click on the "Configure" button.
    On the far right there should be a "Power Management" tab.
    Click on it and make sure the box next to "Allow the computer to turn off" is NOT checked.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755166

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice