1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

driver help

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by marc4975, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marc4975

marc4975 Thread Starter

hi i have a sony dvd rom ddu1621 and philips dvdr1640p i have been burning all my home movies and pics on to dvd with nero but now it is coming up with error message burning failed and drive needs calibrating i have been all over the net looking for the drivers to see if i need to update the drivers any help plz:mad: as i dont no alot on pc stuff and had to pay loads to get my pc formated i have loked on my drive propertys to see if there are drivers and thay are 2001 i am just stuck plz i would be happy if i can save my pic so i can send to my dad pics of kids many thanks

2. ryde01

ryde01

dvd drives are delicate things you cant burn to many in a row other wise they over heat and the laser stops work i would burn 5 in row then let it cool for 5 - 10 mins. dvd burner ussually last between 300 and 400 cd's before the start give you trouble this is not a satistic. this is something i learned from burning over 3000 cd's over the years. you could try updating the drivers which could help you could also try not using cheap cd's/dvd's they tend to peel and dont last long in the heat over time. if your dads got an email address or set him one up you can sent the pictures that way until you get problem sorted

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646745

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice