1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver IRQL Not Less or Equal BSOD during games! Help please!

Discussion in 'Games' started by HarryWhittingham, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HarryWhittingham

HarryWhittingham Thread Starter

Dear all,

I had some serious trouble a week or so ago dealing with an infection. These issues i believe to be solved but now i bomb out of any game i try with this error message. As this BSOD was not present prior to my cleaning and housekeeping i must have knocked something and therefore hope to be able to put it back quickly. Can anyone shed light on how to resolve this?

Thanks for reading,

Harry Whittingham

2. MrCoffee

MrCoffee

Quite common and can be hard to pin point. Frequently a driver related problem (suspect any non WHQL drivers or non XP compatible), sometimes It can also be caused by security software not "playing nice".

You say you've had an infection? well if you've tooled up on AV soft and firewalls then thats probably your culprit. otherwise you need to pin point the driver that's faulting and that can be tricky... we'll get to that if we need to.

3. HarryWhittingham

HarryWhittingham Thread Starter

MrCoffee,

Thank you for your insight. To expand a little: Due to the infection i did indeed bolster my defences and now run SuperAntiSpy as a stay resident alongside AVG which was resident in systray prior to all difficulties. These are the only two defences i run constantly.

Whilst delving through endless forum pages looking for more info on this issue i read something about RAM issues also causing this problem and re-seating them possibly creating a fix. Well, earlier today i opened the beast up and checked its vitals and low and behold one of three had popped open at one end (doh! should ALWAYS check physicals first) just to be sure i removed two sticks and left only a single 1Gb stick in and i managed a full hour of gaming and managed to exit the program myself (a rare treat!). As yet no issues.

In other news, i've not changed drivers for some time, and definately not during the last month in which time the issues have been occuring. I have however never been satisfied truly with any driver i've used for my GeForce 6200, 256MB and have had to alter it to suit various games without ever finding one that worked for all. Quite possibly just a crap graph card all in all but there must be a preferred driver for this card. This is infact the only driver i have changed in my PCs life on any regular basis, but as i say can't be related to this issue as haven't changed it in ages.

As i say, since removing 2 sticks and ensuring the one that is in is happily seated - no issues with the driver irql error. Early days but i am hoping that poorly seated ram could also cause this error, because in which case i may have solved it. Can this physical error have caused the problem?

Regards,

Harry Whittingham

4. MrCoffee

MrCoffee

Faulty RAM can cause all sorts of blue screen errors so its often worth checking out. The best way to check your ram for faults is to use a specific diagnostic program like memtest86 or windiag

http://www.memtest86.com/download.html

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

Haven't come across this particular error being caused by RAM before but there's always a first time :D

Hope your problem is resolved!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/588645

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice