Driver IRQL not less or equal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mengfei

Hi, I"ve recently built a new computer, and after solving a bunch of dilemmas, I am plagued by one I cannot fix.

This hits my computer every once in a while, although today it's really rampant. Seems like it occurs every 10 minutes now. In fact, I was just typing this thread up when the blue screen came again and now I have to retype everything :p

it says
"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xF510731F)

*** PCC_PFW.sys - Address F510731F base at F50FF000, DateStamp 3f9cbc76"

I have noticed that the hexadecimals in the technical information are not always the same, but are very similar, and so far, I think it has always said PCC_PFW.sys

I'd appreciate it very much if any of you could help me with this, as it is out of my range.

P.S. Almost forgot! This is Windows XP SP2

P.S.S. And one more thing, it is an Athlon 64 CPU, and I'm running 32-bit Windows XP. Could that be why? Would any of you recommend switching to x64 edition regardless of whether or not this is the problem?

mengfei

Actually, yes, I am, I'm running PC-cillin 2002

It came bundled with my Asus motherboard... so I figured it'd be good for it... but apparently not?

I'm guessing that the next step would be to uninstall it, right? That's what I'll do now.

Do you have the PC Cillin firewall enabled? You don't really need that if you are running the XP firewall.

I have PC Cillin Internet Security 2005 and I use the XP firewall instead. The PC Cillin one was giving me grief.

I found some information about a conflict with PC Cillin 2002 resulting a BSOD. Here's some info:

http://orb.infoexpress.com/forums/i...ext.html?PHPSESSID=d017jaj6kmh87f5avtl3p32ls2

I hope this helps! Merry Christmas! :)

mengfei

Hey, thanks so much. I uninstalled it and so far I haven't received a single BSOD yet. Merry Christmas to you too!

No problem, glad I could help! :)

Do you have an antivirus program that you could use? Or you could install Trend Micro again and disable the firewall like it says in the link, and rename that file and you won't BSOD again. That way at least you have some kind of protection on your computer.

mengfei

It's alright, I'll live without an anti-virus program.

Or if I must, I might try AVG anti-virus

But honestly, all these years I've had any anti-virus program pick up anything.

I wouldn't be that optimistic about being protected without any AV software. It's better to be safe then sorry, IMO. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online