1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver Issues- No sound/internet after format

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Contemptor, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Contemptor

Contemptor Thread Starter

I built a computer over a month ago. It is a AMD w/ Syntax MB and a Sempron processor. I had it running XP Pro fine when I got it. I decided I wanted a bigger hard drive, so I bought a new one and made it the master tried. I tried to transfer all files from my 40 gig to my new 80 gig, but I had issues and formatted both. When I reinstalled windows on the 80 gig, I had wireless internet working, but no sound (my sound card is in my MB btw). I tried to dl an updated driver off windows update, hoping it would work, but I ended up getting a worm somehow, and I had to format again.

I reinstalled windows xp pro. Now, I have no sound, I can't get my wireless adaptor driver to install, and my dial up modem isn't recognized. I tried to installed the wireless driver, but when I clicked the setup exe it opens for a bout half a second (linksys pci adaptor btw), then closes. It won't install. Under drivers in system/hardware, there is no wireless adaptor under network connections. Multimedia adaptor and Network Adaptor are under unknown devices. When installed a dial up ISP, there was no 56k modem found (it has worked before I formatted). Any ideas would be AWESOME!

2. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Did the same thing installed a modem and it was not reconized by the device manager, had to first delete and re-install the drivers, it worked after that, I'm using it now. Good luck.

3. Contemptor

Contemptor Thread Starter

Ok, apparently I forgot to install the MB drivers. Everything works now, except the Wireless does the same thing. The card doesn't even show up in device manager.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323357

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice