Driver needed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

banhgialon

Hey,

I have a Sharp Actius MM20 notebook. I just reformatted and need a wireless driver. I ran Everett and my network controller was IDed as 'Harris/Intersil Prism 802.11g'. The card was preinstalled in the notebook.

I tried driverguide.com but the download from their site had a zipfile that unzipped into a .info, .sys, and .arm files and I dont know what to do with that.

Request more info on system if necessary.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Go to Device Manager. Locate the network controller. It should be marked as an identified network or wireless device (or something similar) with a yellow question mark next to it. Right click it and select update driver. Browse to the directory where you unzipped the file and press ok. If you missed a part or need a more detailed explanation post back!

banhgialon

That link is the driverguide.com download that unzips into .info, .sys, and .arm files without a setup or .exe file.

Sharp site doesn't have drivers for wireless adapters, or anything else for that matter.

banhgialon

Mosquito, I didn't see your post at first.

I did what you said and the Hardware Update Wizard said 'The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software'.

EDIT:

Vicks, second link worked perfectly.

Question: How did you google the Sharp Portal. I googled for the Sharp database but did not come up with your hit. Did you do anything differently?

Thanks for the prompt response.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online