1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Driver Network Adapter New PC

Discussion in 'Networking' started by IIPawsII, Sep 21, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. IIPawsII

IIPawsII Thread Starter

Hello, so I bought a new PC and received it today. I did buy it off Ebay, so it was already built, it was quite expensive as well. Everything seems to work otherwise, but the WIFI does not. When I do trouble shooting, it comes up with "Windows could not find a driver for your network adapter." The issue is, when I go to the device manager, it doesn't show my network adapter.. only things such as, "WAN Miniport" and so on.

I've tried pretty much everything, is there a solution to this, or did I buy a faulty product?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Are there any "unknown" devices (with an error)? If so, one may be a network adapter.

Desktop or laptop? Have you looked for the physical existence of a network adapter?

3. IIPawsII

IIPawsII Thread Starter

Yes, it was that I didnt realize there was a physical USB adapter. thank you!

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You're welcome. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1233244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice