1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

driver not found - audio

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 247unicorn, Jan 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 247unicorn

247unicorn Thread Starter

Thanks for all the help so far - now my next problem ! I try to install my speakers and computer says - Driver not found !! I go into materials and everything looks fine !
    Audio card 82801DB(-M) ICH4 Active
    So what am I doing wrong ??
    Thanks ion advance for any help I can get !!

2. wacor

wacor Banned

If somehow your driver has disappeared you may be able to find and download a new one if you have a brand name computer such as Dell or Gateway you can go to their website. Those two have support sites that you can plug in the model and serial number of your computer and it will then tell you what drivers came with the computer and give you the ability to dowload a new one if yours somehow is missing.

Before doing that though go into the control panel and click on administrative tools, then click on computer management. On the left you will see device manager. When you click on device manager see if anything shows up with a yellow question mark. If there is anything like that you need to indicate what it is.

Another option would be to do a system restore.

3. 247unicorn

Thanks - nothing is in yellow ! I don't have a brand name computer ! But I do have my Audio card number ! Can I do anything with that ??

4. wacor

wacor Banned

what is the story behind this missing driver? reformat? building a computer?

virus?

5. wacor

wacor Banned

6. 247unicorn

Reformat ! System check says everything is active and working correctly !! But can't download SoundMax - says driver not found !! !!!

7. wacor

wacor Banned

8. 247unicorn

Motherboard:
    CPU Type Intel Pentium 4A, 2000 MHz (5 x 400)
    Motherboard Name Intel Billings 2 D845EBG2 (6 PCI, 1 AGP, 2 DIMM, Audio)
    Motherboard Chipset Intel Brookdale i845E
    System Memory 768 MB (DDR SDRAM)
    BIOS Type AMI (02/26/03)
    Communication Port Port de communication (COM1)
    Communication Port Port de communication (COM2)
    Communication Port Port imprimante (LPT1)

Display:
    Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (128 MB)
    3D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    Monitor LG StudioWorks / HiSync 700S (122322301118)

Multimedia:
    Audio Adapter Intel 82801DB(M) ICH4(-M) - AC'97 Audio Controller [A]

9. wacor

wacor Banned

I assume you went to the soundmark site and tried to get some help? you said this is not a name brand computer but you were reformatting. was this a home made comuter? or what make is it? is the restore disc one that came with the computer or one you borrowed from somebody else?

I am a bit limited as to how much i could help you and trying to weed out the simple stuff.

If this is not just a matter of finding the proper driver for the unit then I dont know what more i can do to help. that was why i suggested doing a Belarc Advisor scan of your computer. Belarc is a free tool which should tell you all the specifics of your computer. it is free

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/435675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice