1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver Power State Failure

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by yostophatin87, Jan 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yostophatin87

yostophatin87 Thread Starter

i have a toshiba satellite u405d-s2874 and i was transferring files from one portable hard-drive to another and i got a blue screen with the driver power state failure on it. the laptop restarted and all and i thought that maybe it fixed itself or something like that so i contiinued doing what i was doing and now after a while the laptop goes to the blue screen with the power state failure. i searched for it on google and it lead me to a post on your site. i read it and its about the same problem cept for the power button on the harddrive thing. its happened about 3 times or so while i was trying to read the post and sign up for your site. please need some help...oh can you tell me if i made a good buy by buying a toshiba??

2. joe_blow

joe_blow

Have the same laptop and same problem. As far as I can tell it is due to a bad SD card reader driver. I downloaded the "Debugging Tools for Windows x64" from here and used it to load the memory dump file located in "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump". You can follow the description here on how to do this. The debugger identified the file "o2sdx64.sys" as the culprit so I went over to toshiba here and downloaded the latest SD reader driver. The old version of this file was identified by the device manager as 2.0.2.909 and after updating was 2.0.2.915.

I have not tested this for long but so far no BSOD. I did notice this error seemed to occur often when I was swapping files off the SD card I am hopful.

Hope this helps.

By the way I am running Vista x64

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/788457

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice