1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kschaf031, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kschaf031

kschaf031 Thread Starter

I was trying to get a game to work and I thought it wasn't working because of my drivers so I ended up trying to fix things but ended up messing it all up. I was trying to update things but I ended up messing it up some how.

my computer was built for me, but I have Windows XP and I don't know what else you need to know. My motherboard is nvidia nforce 600 I think AMB, I'm not sure what else. I know there are places to look to find out what I have but I don't remember how to do it, but if someone tells me how to do it I can do it.

This is my problem, I know I had installed Nvidia nForce drivers and there were ATI drivers too and I know it said Radeon 1900/X1050 I believe. Things started getting messed up because I installed something from ATI thinking it was an update, but it wasn't I guess. So I ended up uninstalling all ATI drivers. Everything was okay before so I'm guessing I'm just not installing the right drivers. I don't know what drivers work. When I tried downloading them it said about needing a VGA video something in order to download the rest of the driver. That part never happened to be before, so I have no idea what that means. And now I can tell my graphics are all messed up because the screen drags, you can see lines when you drag a window and games won't work. If anyone can help me figure out what drivers I need I would appreciate it.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Do a system restore to a date before you messed with the drivers. This will put everything back to the way it was before attempting the driver install.

3. kschaf031

kschaf031 Thread Starter

How do I do a system restore? Will it mess other things up?

4. weerydo

weerydo

no it wont mess things up - just take your system back to before you messed with the drivers. Go to start, then ryght click on my computer then click on properties then system restore tab

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I do not use xp so this might be a little off as to where it is located. Start>run>accessories>system tools>system restore. Pick a date before you messed with it and choose to restore.

No all data will be intact; just your system files/drivers get rolled back.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice