Driver required

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

a.maverick

I have this monitor for which I need the Driver and Utilities software.I have tried a couple of searches but without success.Can someone please direct me to the link or mail me the software ? The monitor is Philips 7CM5289/89T.

Thanks
:(

a.maverick

Thanks for your reply !
I checked out the site as advised.It is a discussion guide and everyone there seems to want the driver without finding it !

If someone has the driver please e-mail it to me at [email protected]

Much appreciated
Trucit

Have you tried using microsoft's driver off of the windows cd?... usually you want to use the manufacture's driver but if you can't find it ms's should work ok... or is there not one on there? If you can't find it you can try using the generic driver in the display adapter list. If you have Xp then I don't know if you need the manufacture's or not... not too sure about Xp but heard there are a lot of driver problems and incompatible stuff older then this year.

(I'm sure you did this... but just covering my bases...) Have you searched through Phillip's website?

What is the name of the Monitor? PH_LCD ? PLUMP ? VIVID? VALVE ? And what size is it and how old?
DUTCH

a.maverick

It's a 14" Philips monitor model no 7cm5289/89t. It is about 1 1/2 yrs old. I use win ME and the generic driver on the MS CD does work but the color scheme isn't right. I thought the correct driver would improve quality.

And yes I did check out the Philips web site but that wasn't of much help :cool:

Appreciate all that you guys are doing for me.

Thanks once again.

Hi Maverick,
I know it is a Philips but does it also have a brand name. I have a Gateway but it is also called a Vivatron15.

Maybe this will help. I got this from a website and it was copied from Philips Site at some time.
( Note from the Philips web site:
Microsoft has chosen to identify your monitors by the chassis
number rather than the Philips model number. The chassis number
can be found on the back of all our monitor models. The drivers
provided by Microsoft cover all current and past models that can
take advantage of monitor drivers. )
DUTCH

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online