Driver Trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ddub2112

Hello,

I have Windows 98, and recently bought a Hawking PN102TXA 32 Bit PCI-BUS 10/100Mbps Ethernet adapter. I put the card into the motherboard PCI slot. Put the disc in as well. The computer popped up, and proceded to the installation when it recognized the new hardware. I get to the part where it says: "Windows will search for new drivers in its driver database on your hard drive, and any of the following selected locations." I had put in the locationfield: A:\WIN98
I clicked "next." I get a message that says: "Windows was unable to locate a driver for this device. If you do not want to install a driver now, click next...search again, click Back."

I hope someone knows the answer because it is extremely frustrating.

Thank you very much,

Ddub2112

The driver should be on the install CD. Your CD/ROM should be D: or E: drive. A: should be your floppy drive.

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
Agreed. Direct the location to the CDROM drive.

If that doesn't work, close the hardware wizard, open the window to the CDROM drive in My Computer, then double-click the Setup.exe or Install.exe file.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online