1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

driver update for my ati radeon xpress 1150

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nclife, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nclife

nclife Thread Starter

Hi everyone, I'm trying to update the driver of my laptop's ati radeon xpress 1150, with windows XP 32-bits. I tried with the catalyst center, which downloaded this driver: 10-02_legacy_xp32-64_dd_ccc. However, when trying to install this error came up: "....setup did not find a driver compatible with your current hardware or operating system. Setup will now exit....."

I would be glad if somebody could help me out. I read that I could go to "Device Manager and choose to Update Driver of the Standard VGA Adapter." Then go to "Have Disk option and browse to the XP6A_INF folder" (This was for a guy with the same problem but with a 64-Bit comp). Here I found two possible folders to use: XP6A_INF and XP_INF, so I assume the XP_INF is for my 32-Bit comp. Then install it that way.

The thing is, scary messages come warning you the computer could go bunkers and die, and I didn't have the balls to go through. Is there any other way to approach this problem, if not, is the way described a legitimate option? If so, is that driver the correct one? And should I choose the XP_INF file? So many questions!

I hope this was not too long. Thanks in advance!

2. dai

dai

with a laptop go to the laptop makers web page for your models download section and d/load it from there

make and model of the laptop is?

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

If the device is not listed in Device Manager, but says "VGA" instead, it most likely will not be detected. There is a lack of communication between the device and the OS. You will need to go to the manufacturer's web site and find and install the chipset (platform, Intel Inf utility) driver for that communication to take place.

The device should be identified even without a driver. And Windows already has a fairly good ATI driver.

4. nclife

nclife Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I will go and do that. Cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084189

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice