1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

driver update help. Can't figure this out!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rmklotz4, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rmklotz4

rmklotz4 Thread Starter

I have scanned my computer with Driver Agent.com and there are a few drivers that I can't figure out how to update.

Intel 82801EB ultra ata storage controllers

Intel 82801EB Usb universal host controller (24D7, 24D4, and 24D2)

I have looked all over intel's website and can't find it. Please help!

Also this driver

ATI Mobility Radeon 9700.

Please help. Thank you!!!

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First why are you updating the drivers? Is there some problem you are trying to fix?

3. rmklotz4

rmklotz4 Thread Starter

no I just came across the driver scan and figured it would help with performance or display quality. Am I wrong?

4. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

If it ain`t broke, don`t try to fix it, you can open up a can of worms, just my opinion.

5. rmklotz4

rmklotz4 Thread Starter

I understand that point of view. But I am a perfectionist. It really bugs me that I'm not up to date. Any other opinions?

6. rmklotz4

rmklotz4 Thread Starter

so is the general consensus that I shouldn't even try to update my drivers?

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Unless there is a problem that you are trying to cure with the update, leave it alone. Just because the driver is newer, does not mean it is going to work better with your hardware.

If you really really want to update drivers, then make a backup image of the system before you begin. If it works, great. If it does not work, then you can simply restore the image and be back where you started from without any problems.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702152

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice