driver update help. Can't figure this out!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rmklotz4

I have scanned my computer with Driver Agent.com and there are a few drivers that I can't figure out how to update.

Intel 82801EB ultra ata storage controllers

Intel 82801EB Usb universal host controller (24D7, 24D4, and 24D2)

I have looked all over intel's website and can't find it. Please help!

Also this driver

ATI Mobility Radeon 9700.

Please help. Thank you!!!

crjdriver

First why are you updating the drivers? Is there some problem you are trying to fix?

rmklotz4

no I just came across the driver scan and figured it would help with performance or display quality. Am I wrong?

mtzlplex

Account Closed
If it ain`t broke, don`t try to fix it, you can open up a can of worms, just my opinion.

rmklotz4

I understand that point of view. But I am a perfectionist. It really bugs me that I'm not up to date. Any other opinions?

rmklotz4

so is the general consensus that I shouldn't even try to update my drivers?

crjdriver

Unless there is a problem that you are trying to cure with the update, leave it alone. Just because the driver is newer, does not mean it is going to work better with your hardware.

If you really really want to update drivers, then make a backup image of the system before you begin. If it works, great. If it does not work, then you can simply restore the image and be back where you started from without any problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online