1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver Updates & Configuring Hardware

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by digitalhappyness, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. digitalhappyness

digitalhappyness Thread Starter

I have FINALLY built my new PC and I have not gotten the driver updates for all the hardware yet. I am having trouble recognizing my two SLI videocards, 5.1 Soundcard, monitor, and Playing DVD's in the ROM drives. Will the updates fix a majority of these problems? Because They are showing that the computer can see them it is just not using them to thier full potential. What do you think?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Without the proper drivers those devices will not work properly, once you install the drivers then Windows will know what to do with them and they should then be fully functional.

3. digitalhappyness

digitalhappyness Thread Starter

Some Drivers instruct me "like the video cards" to uninstall the previous driver and then install the new one. should I do the same for the motherboard?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Normally, you can just install the new MB drivers. If they don't say uninstall previous versions, as a rule, it's not required.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/591043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice