1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Driver Updating (Windows Update)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Telstar, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telstar

Telstar Thread Starter

Hi TSG,
    Dell Dimension 4400
    Intel Pentium 4, 1600 MHz
    256 MB system RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400 w/TV Out
    Driver Version 1.5.2.0
    800x600 resolution, 32 bits/pixel
    Windows XP Home v:5.1.2600 SP 1.0
    Internet Explorer v:6.0 SP1.0

My question: is it "always" advisable to update to the latest NvIDIA Driver Version as found on my (non-critical) Windows Update?

Lately, whenever I check my Windows Update for critical updating I see five (5) WindowsXP updates I do not think I need (so, I do not install them) and also one (1) Driver Update. No version is indicated (would probably need to install to get this info?) but indicates it was released on July 28, 2003 and the size is 12.2MB.

In August 2003 I updated/installed NVIDIA Display Driver v4.4.0.3 and was wondering if I should download the version indicated on my Windows Update. All my displays seem to be working properly with no indication of any problem. Does the axiom "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!" apply here?

Thank you,
    Telstar

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

NO!

YES!

:D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173361

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice