Driver will not install on windows 10

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jomo101

The scan came out fine.

The sites did not help either.

Thanks so much for trying!

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
I’m out of options.
If the manufacturer can’t help with instructions then I can’t suggest what to do.

Jomo101

I’m out of options.
If the manufacturer can’t help with instructions then I can’t suggest what to do.
Smart Technology walked away from this problem once they realized that the problem was my computer and not their product.
Thanks for your help!

Goddess-Bastet

Virginia
I suspect the device isn’t Windows 10 compatible tbh even though they say it is.
What’s the full model No?
If this is software only & doesn’t come with any hardware which version are you running?

Last edited:

crjdriver

I tend to think it is an incompatibility with your system, win10, and the software. Since it installed without issue on my system.
About the only thing I can think of is to create a virtual machine running win7 [since it ran under win7] Install the software on the virtual machine.
Other than that, I think you are pretty much out of options.

Jomo101

I tend to think it is an incompatibility with your system, win10, and the software. Since it installed without issue on my system.
About the only thing I can think of is to create a virtual machine running win7 [since it ran under win7] Install the software on the virtual machine.
Other than that, I think you are pretty much out of options.
The Smart Notebook installed on my computer 'without an issue' as well. When you open Notebook, which I can do, there is a driver that is suppose to install (or maybe this driver should always be on) and that is the driver that is giving me the problem. Unless you have a smart monitor I am not sure if you can tell if the driver installed correctly.

The version of Notebook that I am using (and I did try other versions) is 19.0.4069.2 and the driver is 12.14.314.0

It is funny that you mentioned using a virtual machine as I installed one with windows 7 yesterday and it seemed to install correctly. I was able to install firefox so clearly I do have internet. However, amazingly I can't install the Notebook software (I can download it). I will call Smart Tech tomorrow (hopefully they will be open.

Happy Holidays

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online